Tel. 604-483-3592 or 1-800-399-3592
We are located on British Columbia’s Upper Sunshine Coast, 150 km north of Vancouver on Highway 101, near the town of Lund.
N 49° 59′ 18.5″
W 124° 42′ 29.7″
- We are on the west coast of British Columbia, at the north end of the beautiful Sunshine Coast
- 120 miles (approximately 150 km) north of Vancouver on Highway 101
- Highway 101 includes 2 ferry rides which are part of the highway system
- The closest town to us is Powell River – we are 30 minutes north just before Lund, where Highway 101 ends.
- You can reach us by road or fly into Powell River from Vancouver with Pacific Coastal Airlines. Car rentals available.
- If you are coming from Vancouver Island, take the ferry from Comox (Little River) to Powell River (Westview Terminal) and we are 30 minutes north of Powell River.
DIRECTIONS TO DESOLATION RESORT
Driving From Vancouver
Follow Highway 99 north to Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal. Take ferry (Sunshine Coast & Powell River) to Langdale. Ferry ride is approximately 45 minutes. From Langdale. follow Highway 101 north to Earls Cove (approx. 75 minute drive).
At Earls Cove take the ferry to Saltery Bay. Ferry ride is approximately 50 minutes. From Saltery Bay, follow Highway 101 north through Powell River to Lund. About 3km before Lund, turn right on Malaspina Road. There is a Desolation Sound Resort sign just before this turn off. Drive along Malaspina Road for about 2km. Turn right on Leslie Road and right on Dawson Road. There are signs for the resort on the Malaspina Road. No reservations needed for the ferries. Payment is made for the ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Langdale (approximately $70 CAD for vehicle and 2 people). The second ferry ride from Earls Cove to Saltery Bay is included in what you paid at Horseshoe Bay. When you return to Vancouver, you will pay roughly the same amount at Saltery Bay, which will cover both ferries on your way back. Ferries run frequently and schedules can be obtained at BC Ferries or from the Resort.
Driving From Vancouver Island
Take the BC Ferry from Comox (Little River) to Powell River (Westview Terminal). In Powell River, follow signs for Highway 101 north to Lund. About 3km before Lund turn right on Malaspina Road. There are two Desolation Resort signs just before the turn off. Drive on Malaspina Road for about 2 km. Turn right on Leslie and right on Dawson Road. There are signs for the resort on Malaspina Road. Ferry cost is about $60.00 CAD for vehicle and two people.
Flying from Vancouver to Powell River
Pacific Coastal Airlines has regular scheduled flights from the Vancouver Airport South Terminal to Powell River. There are up to 7 flights a day and the flight time is approximately 30 minutes. Shuttle bus service is available from the Main Terminal to the South Terminal. One can then rent a car in Powell River (Budget: 1-800 319 6919) and drive to the resort which is about 30 minutes.